World Point Position

Has anyone built a world point position GLSL shader?

Seems like it would be fairly straight forward, I’m not experienced enough in coding to do it myself yet but seems like something that someone would have made by now.

I think i got it figured out. I followed a few GLSL examples on line and was able to cobble together some knowledge.

This would be useful as a “tech” pass for anyone trying to use TD as a render engine perhaps for a compositing pipeline. There are a lot of plug-ins in other apps which use these AOV passes, World Position, Normal, Depth etc. If anyone else is using touch in this way I’d love to hear about it and any other tips and tricks.
WorldPointPosition.3.toe (4.98 KB)

You might take a look at this thread on deferred lighting.

In addition to baking out a texture for position this also bakes out normals, color, and uvs. The benefit here is that you’re able to add many more lights in a given scene, and the complexity of models can be much more dense.

I don’t know if that’s exactly in line with what you’re up to, but might still be worth pulling apart.

Thanks @Raganmd whats the link?

Yikes!

Sorry about that:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=658&p=39176&hilit=deferred#p39176

Save you the step of tracking down the tox:
base_deferred_practice_pointlights.tox (5.35 KB)

Uhhh ok wow, mind blown. :open_mouth: its a whole new world.

I absolutely love the idea to instance the lights with geos thats nutty.

Thanks for the enlightening lesson - what about cast shadows? I assume that might be possible as well from my understanding to get a shadow you need to put a camera instance on every light position and render the scene depth from that POV. Then each light shadow would get multiplied against the beauty.

Seems possible but way above my skill at the moment to give it a try.

references for shadows and deferred lighting:

codinglabs.net/tutorial_open … pping.aspx
gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest … -rendering