ARDUINO FIRMATA analog read

Hello everybody,
Does anybody know how to read analog pins of an arduino board with Firmata in TD, I easily get it to move a servo or light a led, but I don’t see where I can get the datas from the analog pins of my arduino board.
Thanx
Manu

Funny because I did the exact same exercises but never got to get the analog input either.
Here is a link to my post. Unfortunately I didn’t get any answers.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10453&p=39834&hilit=Firmata#p39834
After talking to other users that have some experience with Arduino, I’ve understood that they usually write or copy/paste Arduino codes for each new project and actually never use the Firmata. Apparently, on the Arduino side, it’s made to handle a lot of things and apparently you can simplify the Arduino code substantially to do these kind of things.
It’s a bit annoying because if you google around for tutorials there are very few and several links are expired. The only videos I found (including the Derivative ones) are more demos and don’t really explain anything.
I also started with the Firmata as I don’t know Arduino yet, and was hoping it would be the only thing I needed to connect these two worlds. My next step will be to start from the tutorial on the Derivative wiki about Arduino and actually learn how this stuff work as to actually achieve the results I want. Hope I’ll understand it better after a while:)

Hey,

just checking this with an Arduino Duemilanove, as soon as I turn on the “Report Analog Pins” parameter on the Firmata Component the first CHOP output is reporting the analog pin output.

What Arduino board are you using?

Best
Markus

Hi Markus!

Thanks for looking into this. I am using the Uno board. I just had to try again in 099 and same thing happens. Arduino Serial Monitor reads everything just fine while the Firmata Tool from the TD Palette doesn’t report anything.
I have made sure that TD is the only thing that is interacting with that port/board.
Just to make sure I haven’t missed a step anywhere (I have read the wiki:wink:

On the Arduino side:

• Uploaded the StandardFirmata to the Uno

On the TD side:

• I have turned on the Firmata tool (Active = On)
  • I have selected the right port (Port = Com3)
  • I have turned on Report Analog Pins (On)

Is there another step I have missed?

The only thing I noticed is that the baud read is set to 9600 in the Arduino Serial Monitor, it reads fine, while if I set it to 57600 like you have in your Serial1 op, I get scrambled messages… I did try to change it to 9600 there but without any more luck.

Hey,

just tested it with the Arduino UNO and Firmata 2.5 without a problem. Is this the same version you are using?

Currently also working on a new Firmata component that works better with the mega. I’ll post here when I have that component finished.

Best
Markus

Sorry for the late reply on this. I was away from the computer I set it up on.
The Firmata version here is 2.5.6, which seems to be the last.

Can’t wait to test the new Firmata component when it’s ready :slight_smile:

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge on the Arduino side, it’s made to handle a lot of things and apparently you can simplify the Arduino code substantially to do these kind of things.
It’s a bit annoying because if you google around for tutorials there are very few and several links are expired.

high volume pcb assembly