How can I create a interactive paint exercise

Hi there everyone,

I am looking to create a interactive paint exercise with touch designer and resolume.
I want to use a Kinect camera to track the data of the hand of the participant to draw a abstract painting. What I would like to also do is have another user manipulate the brush parameters to effect the way the participant is painting.

Is there any suggestions about getting the best method to achieve this? Perhaps some good tutorials on using Touch Designer and Resolume?

Many thanks!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

to get started I would suggest going through some of the tutorials listed on our resource page. As usual I would also point you to the great course done by Matthew Ragan matthewragan.com/teaching-resou … hdesigner/ which gives you a very thorough start into the world of TouchDesigner.

A list of available Tutorials can be found here: derivative.ca/Education/Res … nTeach.asp

Now to get started with your idea - check out the component gestureCapture which you can find in the Palette under Techniques. It might be a good basis to your project.

Best
Markus