Tips on turn-key pc for installation?

Anybody have any tips for making sure windows will startup and automatically run a touchdesigner project, without ever bothering you with popups or other programs? I’ve never left a touchdesigner installation for a client, and want to make sure there is a foolproof method before I make any promises.

Do you need to be able to remotely access the machine, or will it be offline?

Non-connected machines are a little easier to manage, but it presents access challenges for maintenance.

A start up script and or a file launcher are pretty straightforward and will let you restart a touch file if it hangs (Elburz has tool that they made for this). Windows pop ups and so forth are a bit more of a hassle, but not impossible to sort out.

useful links:

elburz.io/touchdesigner-monitoring/

stalker.nvoid.com/

Thank you!

I guess I was hoping to just leave it without remote access, but now that you mention it, the ability to remote access may solve more problems down the road than it creates immediately…

One big tip - if the machine is new, make sure you boot it and run it for at least a week before installing. I find that a lot of the bundled nags and adware will wait until the machine has been running for a few days or for a few restarts before popping up for the first time.

ah, good call! That’s what makes me afraid, even windows itself seems to be getting sleazier about these things.

Fully.

I fully recommend this little program called chameleon startup manager [url]Сhameleon Startup Manager - Windows startup manager with startup monitor.

It allows you to identify and disable a lot of services and background processes that run on startup. Just be careful with what you disable, and tryout a few configurations first.

Interesting, never seen this before, I’ll have to check it out. What’s the benefit of this over using MSCONFIG?