CamSchnappr AutoBlend

I’m having trouble getting this to work for mapping a sphere. Without firing up a few projectors I can tell by eye that the blend mask output by camschnappr is wrong. Either I’m using it incorrectly or dysfunctional. Can anyone give me a hand?
SphereCamschnappr.toe (2.48 MB)

Hey,

The Autoblend currently only blends on the edges of overlapping projectors.
Will research a more general solution.

Cheers
Markus

The projector positions in the example file would be overlapping, but on a sphere. Do you mean it will only work with flat surfaces?

Hey,

unfortunately the edge of the projector would have to be on the sphere currently. Reason is that the overlapping area is calculated by projecting a uv map onto the geometry and the blend area is calculated from the edge of the projector.

I currently don’t have a way to calculate the overlapping area with camSchnappr if they are completely inside the projected image.

For those kind of mappings currently only the Vioso or Scalable Displays TOP will lead to good results.

Best
Markus

Thanks Markus

Unfortunately Vioso Calibrator isn’t available anymore and your docs need updating. Does it still work?

Our apologies, it seems a number of links and things have changed on the Vioso website.

You can find Vioso Calibrator and its manual under the “Buy Software” section here:
vioso.com/order.php

We’ll look at updating the wiki asap, thanks for pointing that out.