Camera : disable the 'Look At' live

Hello TD people!
I’m working on an A/V project and I am using a null component as a ‘Look At’ in my camera. I would like to be able to disable this function live without having to erase the name and re-write it every time during the show. What is the best way to approach this?
Thank you,
Cadie

One option would be to parent two cameras to a null - one camera follows your lookat, one does not. Apply any transforms to the null - this will pre-transform your cameras. Use a button then to switch between which camera you’re using for your rendering.

You could also use this technique to render both cameras and use a render select to get the view from the other cam - you could then use a slider or button to switch between those tops.

You could use the same technique with a camera blend - using the camblend as the target cam for the render you would then be able to interpolate between the lookat view and the non lookat view.

Any of those sound appealing or like the right direction?

Wow! Matthew Ragan himself. The master. Sweet. Thank you so much! It seems I have to
watch more of your tutorials even tho I have to admit, I already did. I have learned TD because of you! You are like a father to '‘me.parent’. I’m very gratefull for all your work. I can’t thank you enough for giving all your knowledge like that to the world. You are such a good teacher.

All those 3 methods are great, so simple! Easy stuff, I feel stupid. I did not fully integrated all the skills. For sure, I am going to create a button that’s all I wanted.
Cheers,
Cadie
push 1 stop