Delay multiple channels with multiple samples

I’m trying to delay a set of Chop data for instancing. Of course, chop data has many samples, but a straightforward delay doesn’t seem to work - it just delays the ‘last’ sample, which is actually one of many for each instant in time.

I’m trying to use a shuffle to convert to individual channels, then a delay, then a shuffle back, but it had ‘jitter’ in that there seems to be one sample getting missed sometimes? The result is obviously bad, as the samples jump around. Looks a bit like resampling, but I can’t tell where that might happen.

Any clues, or a better way to do it? I thinking I may as well not turn all the data into ‘sample per instance’ until after my delay op, but this seems like a solve-able problem?

OK - clue, when I turn off realtime, it is smooth. It appears that my shuffle chop or delay chop is dropping or missing samples sometimes. Is there any way to force taking all the samples in one chunk each time?

Edit - I feel like the Lag Chop is doing a better job, but documentation isn’t great? (What is lag1 and lag2?)

Bruce

Hi Bruce. What you’re describing is pretty similar to how I’ve done this, except that I add a Shift CHOP at the end of that signal chain with Unit Values set to Absolute. The Shift CHOP seems to return it from existing in the time slice domain to one fixed in time. This has seemed to mitigate any weird behavior for me in the past. I’ve attached a TOX.
delay_signal.tox (1.25 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look. That shift trick makes sense. It’s a weird Touch quirk that samples is sometimes time and sometimes not.