Official Build 099 2017.14220 posted

A new Official build is posted with lots of bug fixes and tweaks.

Release Notes

Download

Hello

Is it me or after installing Fall Creators Update today, TD says that it can’t find WindowsMediaPlayer and cannot continue the installation. Tried it several times already and it’s all the same.

I also verified that the “Media Functionnalities” are enabled and tried to disable/reenable it again. No luck yet. Any guess?

Thank you
Best
sH

Hey,

can you try deselecting Windows Media Player in the “Turn Windows features on or off” and then re-enable to cause a reinstall?

Best
Markus

Hello Markus,

That’s what I did actually trying to debug this and before posting something stupid to take your timz in vain. Still, the issue remains.

I have a lot of computers around me, so I’ll try another one.

Best
Sh

I’m also having this problem on Windows 10 Build 16299.

I tried both the stable and experimental installers.

I’ve attached the failed setup of the experimental installer’s log.
touchdesignermediaplayermissing.log (4.41 MB)

Thanks for sending the log file.
I’ll let you know what I find out.

Best
Markus

I had the same problem today but found a solution.

I have the Insiders update on Windows 10 x64 and was getting a failed install. I would go to windows download page and get the message that 'Windows Media Player is not compatible."

Here is how to get WMP back on your PC so you can install the latest Touch Designer.

Windows Settings > Apps
Apps and Features and above the list is an option for Manage Optional Features

You will see a short list and select + Add a feature and at the bottom of the list on the next page is Windows Media Player.

Boom! Working again.

Hey,

for everyone having the problem please see if this installer gets you going again.
It’s the experimental version for now so not production ready.
dropbox.com/s/4v2nuhtwiyirh … t.exe?dl=0

Thanks
Markus

Just to report that @faultlinemusic’s solution worked perfectly.

Indeed, for some reason, new builds of Windows, beginning with Fall Creators Update, doesn’t contain Windows Media Player by default.

Thank you

Best
sH

PS. Sorry @snaut, I didn’t test the experimental build, only 14620