DMX data interpretation & cropping

So I am trying to put together a method to create a virtual panorama of Images/videos.

I’d like to create a viewport into this panorama through use of a TV that moves on a linear axis and outputting DMX data (from 300 {@bottom} -1475 {@top})

Currently I have containers setup in the layout of the “panorama” that I’d like to navigate through (in RealTime) to display certain images/movies based on the DMX data coming in

Hey,

a bit unclear on the question. Can you explain a bit more where you need help?

Cheers
Markus

I think I might have figured it out. I just need to know of a way to cast a number as a float so that i can pass it to certain crop parameters

Math CHOP is nice and easy for re-ranging numbers in CHOPs.

You refer to cropping though, and the Crop TOP also has ‘units’ menu so you don’t need to work in 0-1 range.

Not exactly sure which would help for your setup.

Turns out the real problem with my number casting was due to an incorrect channel name (Chan vs C)

The only issue now we are trying to resolve is how choppy the image looks as it moves through the display area.

The image “Viewport” (provided by TV) is rather choppy as the TV moves up and down using the DMX artnet data to interpret the TV to a position crop.

Any ideas, how I might smooth out these actions?

it’s a bit hard to help you without seeing the network, your description is a bit vague in what you need exactly at this point. If you can extract the part of the network you need help with, and post it here, you’ll get a lot more answers.

In the mean time you can take a look at Lag and Filter CHOPs to smooth data.

Right, here’s my network so far. It does what I need. Just not as well as it could/should
TDmx.toe (9.88 KB)