Offset channels/samples?

Hi Guys,

I’ve been dabbling in TD for a while but I’m really starting to dig into it for a project now.

I’m doing an installation with a bunch of LED pixel tubes and need to pixel map them down.

I’ve managed to do most of the work using a TopTo > Shuffle > Lookup > DMX Out as per the Operator Snippet style… loving how efficient this is!

My issue is that somewhere in there the dmx channels are getting translated as 512 channels per universe which makes sense, but the fixtures only go upto ch480 in a universe… So I need a way to offset the sample by 32 channels after every 480… just not sure where the best place to do this is… or how to do it.

Some help would be much appreciated…

Thanks!

Chris
ArtNet.7.toe (5.8 KB)

Holy flip I did it!

I changed the offset parameter in the Pattern CHOP to me.chanIndex480 instead of me.chanIndex512

not sure what it does but it worked!

me.chanIndex returns the index of each channel. Thus, with 13 channels in the pattern chop you get values ranging from 0-12, respectively. Therefore, by multiplying the pattern offset by the channel index * 480 you are offsetting each of the 512 length channels start position by factors of 480. Which, returns channels as shown…

Channel 0 : 0-512
Channel 1 : 480-991
Channel 2 : 960-1471
Channel 3 : 1440-1951

By feeding this into the lookup table that your Sequenced samples are fed you get the desired offset for each channel for your image samples. The result is you still sending the full 512 DMX channels - just with each new fixture starting in the correct position.

Alternatively, you could break up/space out your image samples in a similar fashion and not mess with the pattern chop feeding the Lookup index.