How to pulse loadonstart value for Lsystem_rules?

Dear everyone,

I am trying to generate several trees with a python script. Could you please advise me on how to load L-system rules from a text file into the lsystemSOP?
I have the following lines in my code:

op('/project1/container1/geo1/lsystem1_rules').par.file='dat_lsystem1_rules__td_8844_104.py.txt' op('/project1/container1/geo1/lsystem1_rules').par.loadonstart=1 op('/project1/container1/geo1/lsystem1_rules').par.loadonstart.pulse()

When I check the generated Geometry COMPs the Lsystem_rules DAT has the correct .txt file name as a parameter. And “loadonstart” is turned on. But the content of the text file is not loaded into the DAT. Only if I manually click “Pulse” will it be loaded. What am I doing wrong :slight_smile:?

Cheers.

You shouldn’t need to use any script for this. If you click on the DAT lsystem1_rules, you should have your file name in the File parameter and the Load on Start toggled to on. Save the file and reopen and the lsystem1_rules should update with any changes you’ve made to your text file.

Stumbled onto this as well - you totally need to do this if you want to replace a table’s contents without, you know, restarting touchdesigner (which I need to do all the time for my show control app, basically load a bunch of specific tables for each new cue).

Took me like twenty minutes before I tried this:
op('your_table_location).par.loadonstartpulse.pulse()

NO IDEA why you can’t just pulse() loadonstart like you can in many of the palette tools, but this totally works.