Free + Open Source TouchDesigner book

thanks heaps or your advice :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time putting this together!

Could cover your book in 3 days and go thru the examples.
I had many tries with TD, now finally with a decent computer and your book I feel enthusiastic about it!

Leo

No problem, it’s still growing slowly! More to come.

Enjoy!

We’ve just finished transitioning the book to using GitBook. Some of the benefits:

• Uses Markdown instead of LaTeX, so should be easier for people to add/update it
  • Because of Markdown, no LaTex build environment needed, just updating the Markdown files on the repo and GitBook handles recompiling everything.
  • GitBook has a web readable version of the book that works on desktop and mobile
  • GitBook not only creates a PDF, but also ePub and Mobi version of the book for e-readers and iPads

There’s some more things we’ll update to make for a better experience, like making the graphic elements a bit more friendly for printing and e-readers, etc etc.

Can still access via book.nvoid.com

Direct link:
[url]GitBook - Where technical teams document.

Amazing - thank you! As a total n00b who just installed TD, this will be very helpful!

Welcome to the community andrejones! This book is great, enjoy.

Great, thanks! I’ll dig in :slight_smile:

Is this book available in another format? I’m allergic to LaTex.

if you go to the link posted above: gitbook.com/book/nvoid/intr … er/details
there is a button top-right “Download as PDF/ePub/Mobi”

The first post is a bit old now, so we’re not using latex anymore. It’s all in markdown and a service called GitBooks renders the markdown into a web readable version, pdf, epub, mobi, etc.

If you go to nettoyeur’s link there’s different reading options there.

Hey elburz,

I just would like to say thanks for this book! I’ve created my account here only to say thank you very much!

I’m from Brazil and I was looking for good info about TouchDesign. I hope you get always the best!

Thank you very much!

Thanks! :smiley:

Glad it helps!

Hello elburz,

I never saw this Book before. Thanks for sharing your content!

You deserve the best,
Rafael Querido

Hi all !
It’s well written and makes it easy to understand the workflow in TD. Already half way through this book, can’t wait to put some of the concepts into практике. Thank you very much!

Thank you! Consider contributing to the book on Github or making your own tutorials for other users. Every little bit helps.

I am a TouchDesign beginner, so this book does help me a lot.
It has been written in detail that easy to follow
Thanks Nvoid for sharing.

:smiley: No problem.

Thank you…!

Lovely!

when I open the files by Touchdesigner and i found it’s empty in there,who can tell me why??