Touchscreen not working just inside touch

Hello!
I have a packard bell viseo 200t touchscreen. And i’m working on a mac book pro with windows seven in Bootcamp.
My problem is, touchdesigner is the only application that’s not reacting to the touchscreen.
If i touch anything inside TD it gets marked but not clicked. I don’t know, do i have to let touchdesigner somehow know about the touchscreen? Is there anything in the preferences i have overlooked?
Thanks in advance!
A completely different question:
Is it possible to midi beatsync touchdesigner?

Hey, although you can interact with a touchscreen using the MultiTouchIn DAT to get the mouse events, the TouchDesigner UI itself is not optimized to use a touchscreen. You’ll need to use a regular mouse to interact with the designer UI.

Alright, thanks a lot.
I once tried it with the multiTouch DAT and it didn’t react, but i’m quite sure i gave up too soon since i was irritated by the fact that i couldn’t click or anything in touch already.
Thanks again!

Hey,
Now i’ve got the multitouch DAT working. In the Help document on the wiki it seems as tough there was a possibility to easily make TUIK objects as a slider eg. react to the touchscreen without having to manually type in their positions. Is that true? If so, could anybody post an example maybe?
I’m sorry, really tried to get it working but no success. any help would be greatly appreciated!

right now, you’ll have to use vclick to simulate clicking on panels. look at the Processing ID Table example for instructions.

[url]http://www.derivative.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Multi_Touch_In_DAT#Processing_the_ID_Table_Format[/url]

we are working on making multi touch work with panels directly, but it’ll probably be a little while before its ready.

Selina

There is a new pair of multi-touch examples in the .tox forum that you can use as a reference or starting point:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2355&p=10661

The examples use a new component in the palette “Tools/Multitouch”, which is packaging around the Multi Touch In DAT.

Run TouchDesigner build 15820 or later.

Hi . . . I’m trying to use a droplist with the vclick script, I edited the script to replace the “-s” with a “-l”, assuming it would then simulate a left mouse button click, but doesn’t seem to work. I am able to select UI components, so I know the script is working, but can’t get a mouse click event happening.

Also, it would be great to know how to add to the vclick script so that a multi-touch double click could be assigned to mouse buttons.

Thanks !

Jeff

Hi,

I’m still unable to interact with any TD GUI elements or panels using Windows7 multi-touch, I’m sure I’m missing something basic. I’ve tried using the vscript exampe on the WIKI, I’ve tried Greg’s example scenes . . . I set the multi-touch TOX to Win7, it does track finger positions properly but none of the TD elements move or are selected with touch events. Should any TUIK component recognize touch events via vclick ? Are there settings in the components or containing panels I should be looking at ? Anything else ?

Thanks,
Jeff

Are you vclick’ing on the top level TUIK component? If so, try vclicking the Button or Slider COMP inside the TUIK gadget.