Trouble with MIDI Map Manager

I am trying to use the MIDI Map Manager dialog and I see my Control Surface Listed as one of the options to select for Input and Output while I still have to create a custom map. But if I choose BCF2000 as is suggested in the Ableton-TouchDesigner wiki I still get NO feedback when I press a hardware controller pad or turn a knob.

I know the controller works because it has a Controller interface that lets you know what buttons and knobs are being accessed in real time and what CC or musical notes they represent.

Can someone give me more information than is on the wiki in terms of setting up my MIDI controller? I have a Native Instruments Maschine.

Thanks in advance,
-markerline

Hey,

Do I understand you right that after creating a Device Mapping with your NI Machine as “In Device”, you are not seeing any Midi messages scrolling on the bottom of the Dialog?

cheers
Markus

That’s correct Markus. I don’t see any data scrolling or passing through the dialog. It’s curious though because Touch is able to recognize the “nice” factory name of my MIDI device (as opposed to some convoluted part-number device id)

SUCCESS!! With the installation of the latest version of FTE 077 I’ve been able to successfully create a MIDI Mapping. I’m not sure why it wasn’t’ working before and it’s working now, though I do have LoopBe1 running as a service though this creates links between software, not necessarily the automatic signals sent by hardware. in any case, what are the next steps? I’ve tried following some of the instructions in the wiki article for MIDI Map Manager such as dragging the mapping onto the screen to automatically create a CHOP. This did not work, however I created an instance of a MIDI In CHOP and this seems to at some stage detect signals though I don’t know how to pass the signals from the mapping to anything useful.

In essence, although I have a working MIDI controller for FTE 077 I don’t know how to build a network. Does anyone have a link to a simple tutorial I could follow to get myself (re) acquainted with the software?

Start out by going through this intro video on CHOPs

This explains how to connect those CHOP channels you have to various parameters of other operators.

Thanks Ben, as soon as my computer comes back from being serviced I’ll get on it.