Area Chop?

Hey!

I thought I could easily knock together the equivalent of the area chop in Houdini but got a bit bogged down. Just the simplest case accumulation is what I’m after so I thought I could pull the value of a channel from the previous timestep using the feedback chop and add the absolute of the current and previous values to get what I want, a simple accumulation. No joy yet… I bet I’m missing something really obvious, any takers?

L

actually… if there’s any examples of the feedback chop in action that would be really sweet

you could just use a trail CHOP, trim it to just the prev sample and then add it to the current sample

Ah… silly me, forgot all about the Expression Chop! A simple $V+$I works well enough :wink: I’ll have a look at the Trail Chop too, thanks!

L

darn… spoke too soon! I figured something like $V+ic(0,$C,$I-1) would work too but no banana. Tried the trail approach too, I’ll try to get a simple example together!

I misread your question. Thought you were trying to implement it in Houdini.
The Area CHOP is alive and well in TouchDesigner, but has been renamed Speed CHOP.

Cheers
Rob.

Aha! See… told you I was being silly :wink: Thanks!