Basic Resolution Issuse/Puzzle

Hello All -

Two basic questions about the attached ultra simple toe. The resolution of the movieien1 image is 1366x768. The resolution of the moviein2 image is 100x100. The moviein1 image has a dark square of 100x100 pixels along with a 10 pixel border.

When you composite the two images together, it’s clear that the 100px image is bigger (like 107px square), and the background image is displayed at the correct size.

Question 1: Why would that be?

The other issue I can’t seem to wrap my brain around is if you translate the moviein2 -590px in the x axis, (using the Transform > Translate of the composite TOP) the left edge of the image is sitting on the left edge of the background. The opposite happens if you translate x to 590. The image sits on the right edge of the image. Well, 590 + 590 + 100px (image width) = 1280px. But the input res is 1366?! Where did the extra 86 pixels go??

This seems super basic if one is looking to do pixel accurate animation.
res-example.2.toe (4.77 KB)

Hey, I seems to me that the dark area in Moviein1 is actually 99x99 pixels wide. I checked this using a Crop TOP and TOP to CHOP. The borders are 5 and 6 pixels wide.

Using the latest experimental build, if I shift it over -628 pixels then the left edge of the white border is on the edge of the image, so that seems right. Same thing if I shift it 628. So maybe this 2nd issue is a bug in the 3715 build that has been fixed since then. Can you try out the latest experimental build and see if that works better for you?

Thanks Malcom.

I think the issue was that I was using a FTE non-commercial. Max resolution is 1280. I am having key issues so I was using a non-commercial version until I get it sorted.

Thanks for your time. I’ll post if installing the commercial key doesn’t fix it. I will also try the experimental build.