Making a keyframe CHOP not loop...

I have a keyframe comp with a curve in it… I set playback to sequential and turned on play mode… it plays and then loops when it gets to the end. I’d like it to just hold the last value. Is there a way of doing this?
Thanks,
Michael

Just dealt with this myself… one approach:

hook a trigger up to your in CHOP within Animation COMP, point StopDAT
(CHOP Execute) to trigger.

Stop DAT

[code]tabcell animation1/time/state Rc play 1 0

opparm -c animation1/time/cframe reset 1

tabcell animation2/time/state Rc play 1 0

opparm -c animation2/time/cframe reset 1[/code]

Start DAT

[code]tabcell animation2/time/state Rc play 1 0

opparm -c animation1/time/cframe reset 1

tabcell animation1/time/state Rc play 1 1[/code]

• J

Thanks for your response… I can’t seem to figure out what animation1 and animation2 are supposed to be. I have a keyframe1 in my comp, but neither of those two ops.

I think you must be using an older build… none of those cells seem to exist in the tables inside my keyframe COMP. I did get something kind of working… but it’s not very reliable. It relies upon known values of a channel in the keyframe CHOP to set the speed to zero when it surpasses a threshold. This seems like a really bad way of doing things. Anyone have a better idea?
Thanks,
Michael

Also, I don’t think the -c parameter exists anymore… if it does, it’s not documented. Is it the -p (pulse?) parameter? If so, it seems to no longer work on the reset parameter of a keyframe CHOP. I submitted a bug report regarding this.

Hello.

The -c has been made obsolete, but won’t cause any errors.

Ive removed the ‘reset’ parameter since its synonymous with ‘cue’.
(Accesses to reset will be redirected to ‘cue’ so things will still run unchanged).

Youre right about the opparm -p not working. Im looking into now, but it may affect
a certain type of CHOP in general.

Finally, Ive gone ahead and added a new play mode type called ‘Play Once’.
Its similar to Sequential, but does not loop.
That should make things much simpler.

Cheers
Rob.