Really basic triggering stuff

This is a really basic question, but let’s say I have a keyboard chop and a moviein chop. I want to play the movie chop when a particular key is pressed. So, I export that key’s channel to the play parameter on the moviein TOP. Now, it plays when I hold the key but obviously stops when I release it. Is there some kind of toggle chop that will store the last value received? What would be the correct way of doing this? Let’s say I want to press one key to start and another key to stop.

Conversely, let’s say I have something hooked up to a steady-state of a particular value. For example, an OSC In chop hooked up to the “Cue” parameter of the moviein TOP. I want to briefly set “Cue” to 1 when the OSC IN receives a particular value but then sets it to zero immediately afterward, even if the OSCIn continues to receive the value.

I’m guessing this sort of basic flow control can be accomplished with scripts… though I haven’t learned the scripting language and the way it interacts with Touch operators… Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michael

try appending a count CHOP to the keyboard, set it to loop and the limits to 0/1
Or append a logic chop to the keyboard CHOP, set “Channel Pre OP” to toggle

for the other question, try a trigger CHOP, set the trigger value to slightly lower than the OSC input and the adsr to produce a single pulse. see the file
trigger.tox (878 Bytes)

Thanks! I was able to create a pulse using the “rising edge” in the logic chop.I haven’t messed with the trigger chop but this seems simpler.