The VERY beginner's questions...

Hi. I’ve installed the Thouch Designer 3715 on my bootcamp Windows XP Home Edition (MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz, GeForce 8600M GT 512 Mb) and noticed that Touch doesn’t save the projects. It creates the folders but there is nothing inside. May be I did something wrong? How to set Firefox as a default browser to work with Touch instead of Microsoft Explorer? Where *.tox files should be placed to use them? Or where I could find an information about it? Thank you in advance. All the best from Russia. Nikita.

Oh! I’ve realised why it didn’t save the project! Some of my folders has Russian names! If Russian names appeared in path, Touch would’t save the project. Is it a bug?
Anyway:
How to set Firefox as a default browser to work with Touch instead of Microsoft Explorer? Where *.tox files should be placed to use them? Or where I could find any information about it? Thank you in advance. All the best from Russia. Nikita.

hey Nikita,

tox files
can be dragged into touch from explorer
can be loaded via SHIFT+X keys
can be opened by double click on the tox
can be loaded by filling the external tox path barameter on COMPs

a good start with general tocuh designer tips is this wiki page
derivative.ca/wiki/index.php … chDesigner

also check this page derivative.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Variables for info on changing default browser (look for TOUCH_WEB_LAUNCH)

Thank you!Thing is I’m using Windows Russian edition and some elements,folders and files has Russian names. Thats why I had some problems with load and save if Russian language appeared in the path… But what about German, Franch, Italian and and any other languages? May be It’s better to correct it as a bug?
And what about Internet Explorer? My default browser is Firefox, but when I press Wiki of Forum or other thing in Touch Int. Explorer always appear… Why? Is there any posibility to set another browser as default?
Thank you in advance.
Nikita.

have you read the link

Yes. I’ve read it. Thank you. It’s a bit difficult for me. Sorry.
Please, be so kind, give me an example how to set the browser.
Nikita.

On your machine, go to Control Panel > System and click on Advanced System Settings. On the System Properties dialog box that opens, under the Advanced Tab, click on Environment Variables. Under the System Variables (bottom window), click on New. Enter the Variable Name ‘TOUCH_WEB_LAUNCH’ and the Variable Value ‘firefox.exe’ … should probably shut down open Touch projects before doing this.

Nazdorovje

Jesse

Oh yeah! Thank you!
Takk for hjelpen! )))
Nikita.

hello all,

we found a work around for the problem we had with launching certain browsers, so TOUCH_WEB_LAUNCH should no longer be necessary after build 5228. it will still work if you leave it in though.

Selina