Execute not storing at Startup

I’m having problems with my CHOPs not registering their execute exports to my DAT Texts by default; I am having to toggle the export flag on and off… not sure if this is a bug or setting…?

(On a related note, I am a little unsure as to whether the export flag should be on when the CHOP in question is set to have a DAT execute on it’s state change…?)

I’ve managed to isolate this to two identical Counts - looping from 0 to 1, with a threshold of 0.9 - that is being fed by a Null, which is the end of a chain acting as an end signal…

So, after the first time the Count executes and runs the script in my DAT, the gray dotted-line/arrowhead disappears and it fails to trigger the DAT again.

Hey Jesse, could you post a .tox file with an example of this?

Hi Ben,

Here it is:

FYI, RightWindow.tox is the main environment, but it references SSComp.tox, so you will need to drop that into SlideShow0 & SlideShow1, connected as such:

… not sure if you will need the SSContainer.tox as well, but I’ve included it in case…

So what you are looking for is Count3 and/or Count4 (you’re going to have to go into SSComp and input a movie into the MovieIn “From”) when the end_signal is triggered…

let me know if that makes sense… thanks.
SSCOMP.tox (9.29 KB)
SSContainer.tox (9.83 KB)
RightWindow.tox (41.6 KB)

It also happens with Count5 & Count6 if you set the threshold to < 1…

Ok Jesse,I have it up and running. But how do I make the count increment to execute and run the DAT? I placed some images in the Movie In TOPs you specified, but I don’t see end_signal0 ever changing.

To answer your previous question about the export flag, you do not need to turn on Export flags when a DAT is referencing a CHOP. Export flags are only for toggling the export of CHOP channels on an off. CHOP channels are exported by channel name and/or the CHOP Exporter. See CHOP Exporting in the wiki for details.

The actual control is triggered by the script deep in the SSComp, but it was written by a contract member of our team who is no longer with us… :wink: I guess simulating a movieIn won’t work because of the xml dependency.

You can simulate it: take a look at the pictures (attached) for the paths… if you notice in before.jpg,

SlideShowFinished (left pane) is off, and end_signal1 (right pane) is exporting… and in after.jpg, SlideShowFinished is on, and end_signal1’s export signal disappears… at least, for me…

Thanks Ben, looking forward to seeing what you see…

Jesse

Yeah, I figured as much… thanks.

Hey Jesse,

The good news is that it is working, even though the data link disappears after the first time it runs. What you can do to monitor when a script is running isto add an echo command at the beginning of the script. Like this:

echo ss_end_script0 running

Than use the textport to monitor it, you’ll see this message every time the script runs.

I just noticed you have the DAT ss_end_script0 set to execute “While On”. Since you are using a trigger that is on for more than a single frame, this scripts runs mutliple times, as it will run for every frame where end_signal0 value = 1. If you just want it to run once when the CHOP changes from 0 to 1, then change the DAT to execute when “Off to On”. Maybe you want it setup the way you have it, jus thought I’d point it out.

I’ll show this example fo the data link disappears to one of our programmers, thanks!

Beautiful, thanks Ben… I see that I am able to monitor it and everything is working fine… cheers.

Good catch on the execute too - mouse error!

thx

jse

hello Jesse

there was a bug with clearing the op dependency. this will be fixed in the next build.

Selina

awesome, thanks.