syntax highlight in sublime text

Hey people!

I want to use Sublime text as external editor for TD but I can’t seem to switch to highlighted syntax. I did install Package control, but now what?

Thank you!

I have been using VSCode with the python extension and it works fine for syntax highlighting. I haven’t figured out how to get VSCode to recognize the td module and all of its classes so code completion isn’t great.

Hi Lux,
Are you using new TouchDesigner files or old ones? Old ones might not have the Edit/View Extension parameter correctly set on the DAT’s common page as this was added in the last year or two. They should open as temp .py files and if Sublime (or your editor of choice) is setup correctly it will syntax highlight such a file as python syntax.

Thanks for the tip!

Thank you for your answer. I used the GLSL top, trying to do Introduction to GLSL (TD YT tutorial). But it doesn’t seem to matter what kind of file I use. I now found that the view in Sublime Text was still set to plain text. I switched to python, now some code is highlighted, but it still doesn’t look complete.