MovieOut generating extraneous file

I’m generating a series of image files from a Python script and while my images are being saved as expected I always get an additional empty file named moviefileout.tif saved along with the others. I’d like to prevent this file from being generated rather than adding code to get rid of it…

Here’s a simplified version of how I’m generating the images from a Panel Execute DAT:

[code]def onOffToOn(panelValue):
num_lines = op(‘text’).numRows
line_counter = 0

# REMOVED EXTRANEOUS CODE HERE

for line_counter in range(num_lines):
	op('moviefileout').par.addframe.pulse()
	filename = 'NumSMS1.' + str(line_counter) + '.tif'
	op('moviefileout').par.file = filename
	op('moviefileout').save()
return

[/code]

In my particular case if there are 7 lines in the text OP I will indeed get 7 files named NumSMS1.0.tif , NumSMS1.1.tif, NumSMS1.2.tif, …, NumSMS1.6.tif and an eighth empty file named moviefileout.tiff

Thanks!

Calling op(‘moviefileout’).save() is a different way to save a file from Movie File Out. You either want to be using Movie File Out’s parameters, or calling save(), not both. save() works on every TOP, not just Movie File Out, and without any parameters it’ll use a default filename that is the operators name.

Ah! I thought that addframe was only a way of pushing a frame into the movieout’s buffer and that I still had to explicitly save afterwards… I’ve left only the par.addframe.pulse() and I’m now getting all the expected files without the empty moveifileout.tiff

Thanks!