RESOLVED: TouchDesigner won't open on Bootcamp Windows 10

Hi all!

I’ve been having an issue where TouchDesigner won’t start.

I’ve Bootcamped my Mac and installed the latest version of Windows 10. I’ve then installed the latest version of TD, which completes successfully.

However, when I then try to open TD, nothing happens. I’ve tried several hours of googling and troubleshooting but no luck :cry:

Anyone had this happen to them? Any idea what could be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you trying to run on macOS or Boot camp windows? Since your screenshot is showing macOS and TouchDesigner should run be able to run on macOS.

If it is macOS, in your Preferences->Security & Privacy->General, do you have Allow apps downloaded from set to App Store and identified developers? Please check Console->User Reports for any TouchDesigner crashes and send the logs to us as well.

If you are running it in windows, make sure you’ve installed the latest graphics card drivers, and if TouchDesigner still doesn’t open, try the troubleshooting steps here:

docs.derivative.ca/Install_Touc … Windows_OS

Hope this helps.
Selina

Thanks for the help.

I was able to get the Kinect to work by using the latest driver from bootcampdrivers.com/

For whatever reason, with the latest official driver from the AMD website, it was not working.