Record CHOP and playing back its content

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand to understand how to properly use the Record CHOP, and then play back its content at the right speed.

I would like to record some samples, store them in a Record CHOP, and then reproduce those samples exactly as they were recorded, at the same speed.

Let’s say I have an LFO that goes into a Record CHOP, and record a certain amount of frames.
Then I’d imagine that I would need a Look Up CHOP, and attach to index (input 0) something like a Speed CHOP with a constant, and attach my Record CHOP to the lookup table (input1).

Now, assuming that all the above is the correct way of doing it, what Constant value do I set to play back the content of the Record CHOP at the right speed?

See .toe attached, any hint to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
or what would be a better way of doing this?

cheers
Record_CHOP.1.toe (5.46 KB)

1 Like

Update:

It looks like I was overcomplicating things.
All I had to do was attaching a Null to my record CHOP, and feed the recorded values to whatever component.
See .toe attached in case someone else gets spectacularly lost on such a simple thing like I did.

However, since the Record CHOP does not appear in the operator snippets, it would be great if someone could post simple examples on how to use this CHOP properly.
Record_CHOP_test2.toe (8.95 KB)

3 Likes

I don’t have an example handy, but I’ve saved out a Bclip with the Record chip then loaded it back in and “played it back” with a Trim chop scanning along one sample at a time.

There’s probably other/better techniques but you might give that one a try.