Sequence of sounds

Hi all!

I created a system that, through the Kinect, is able to play and stop an audio file, when my hands go up (play) and down (pause), see toe attached.

Now I would like to list short sounds and play them in a specific order. Basically I would like to play single notes and play a song, whose rythm is dictated by the hand movements.

How should I sequence the sounds, so that everytime my hand goes up (play) the following sound will be played by the system?
audio play stop ok.toe (51 KB)

I wonder if you could find some hints in this component. It requires a folder with 25 audio files and when moving the slider on the component fades between them. You could adapt this to a Kinect and by removing the filter also bypass the fading. I guess a bit more logic will be required if you want to let samples play out… In that case you might want to use the AudioPlay CHOP instead which takes a Table DAT as a list of files which it can trigger. Volume and Pan can be controlled separately.

Best
Markus
audioMatrix.tox (3.01 KB)

Thank you snaut!

The matrix is definitely cool! Perhaps I can even use my hands to drive the slider on the grid and so playing different sounds according to the xy position of my hand. that would be great! But I will work on this later.

Regarding my current project, I am not sure if I understood correctly what you mean, but I will try to work on that on the next days and hopefully coming out with some results.
Thanks!

I have mixed what it was my starting work with the audiomatrix shared by snaut and so far this is what I got.

Everything is theoretically ready, just sequencing the sounds is missing.

I spent the last two days watching tutorials and reading stuff about tables, trying to figure out how to sequence my sounds but in the end I just got a lot of errors.

Can anyone help me to understand or share an example on how to setup a table and a sequencer in order to get CHOPs audio files played, following a specific order?
sequence is missing.toe (7.92 KB)

Solved!

• Every hand movements has been counted through a count CHOP
  • At every count, the fan activates the channels related to the count.
  • When a channel is activated, an expression CHOP triggers the specific Audioplay CHOP.