[Help] Kinect skeleton activating video files

Hello all!

My project is using a kinect to track people in an area of 3x3 meters on the floor, and by their location and movements, a video animation with sound that I’ve created will be activated and projected on the floor, eventually creating a Dance-music jam session. Iv’e rigged a skeleton with the kinnect chop, with the intension of having 3 people at each session, I have all of the video files with the sounds ready to rock and roll.

My questions are:

1. How do I create that 3x3 meter area to fit all of the different animations?
  2. How can I program this - a person is standing on one side of the square, a note is played with animation, he moves 1 meter to the right, and then another note+animation is played. (Some are Video Files, some are TD animations)?
    And/or: A person will lift his hands and an animation+note will activate.

All the best and thanks for the help! :wink:

Hey,

there is a similar question about sound and the attached file here could be adapted to playing video clips: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18180#p56204
You can think of the multiple people as each being represented with what is the Slider COMP in that network. Now instead of starting and stopping audio, you are triggering the playback of video.
To composite them all together, the Layout TOP comes in extremely handy. Check the OPSnippets for some good examples on how to use it.

Small edit: the attached file has some extra parameters on the Movie Matrix Page to choose a folder with your movies and the resolution of your matrix…

Best
Markus
videoMatrix.tox (3.39 KB)

Hey snaut,

Thank you for the reply.
I managed!

1. Added a Select chop, chose the channel from the kinnect (ex. phandtipy)
  2. connected a Trigger Chop and defined the threshhold (ex. 0.6)
  3. added a null
  4. Video file I turned On, and dragged the Null to the CuePulse.
  5. To make it stop Looping, In the video file I’ve turned on ‘Trim’, and selected ‘Black’ in the Extend Right option.

Voila! :mrgreen: