Touchdesigner for developers

Hello,

I am new to TouchDesigner, however I have been working with realtime graphics for over 20 years. Until now I have been using OpenGL to draw desired content that was then send to broadcast devices (such as Blackmagick cards). I was pleased to see TouchDesigner is able to work nicely with multiple brands specializing on broadcast devices.

However my work requires developing complex custom-made software (video/audio output is just one part of this software). Therefore I would like to ask, whether there any plans on creating library that would enable developers use to utilize TouchDesigner inside their own software? As a developer I would gladly pay for such library since I find TouchDesigner a great environment to create and manipulate realtime graphics but I am not able to use “just” its TouchPlayer to satisfy all requirements my software needs.

Also I would like to ask whether there are any plans on porting TouchDesigner on Linux? Thanks.

Hey trandzik,

Yes, although we don’t have a timeframe yet, it does seem like we’ll have an API that will allow you to embed TD into other applications.

1 Like

WUT

:smiley:

Hello malcolm,

thank you very much for information, that sounds great.

Following :nerd:

malcolm, please elaborate on this.

Thanks,
-Harvey

Oh wow. TouchDesigner might be my main tool now once this comes out.

Also following!

hi,

any news here ?

thnx

following