TRACK PEOPLE + SHADER MAPPING

Hallo TouchDesigners!

Working on a project where i want to track people with a Kinect (Chop + skeletal tracking). When a person/visitor is detected i want to map/projekt a fire shader around this person. The projector is installed above the scene, and is projecting on the floor.

The question is how can i make the shader (a glsl top) follow the persons move detected by the Kinect? I was working on several solutions but so far I haven’t found the way to move also the shader, the same way like a circle (or other elements) or to connect these elements…

There are any ideas, hints o solutions? First would be interesting if i t is possible to connect a shader to the movement/person detected on the Kinect via Kinect chop and skeletal tracking…

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Kinect CHOP can output values in UV space, which you can use to position things in GLSL by passing it into the shader via the uniforms.

OK! The UV Values from the chop … Seems that I have to go deeper into the shader issue…

Thank you very much for the answer malcolm! I think this gets me on the right track!

Hello again!

After having a closer look to this what Malcolm said: The Kinect Chop can output values in UV space, which you can use to position things in GLSL by passing it into the shader via the uniforms."

And some researches on some webpages (thebookofshaders etc…) I understand the problem and more or less what to do…, but this is definetly out of my range of knowledge right now… (working on this :slight_smile:)

Which information - code - do i have to write inside the shader to work with the uv depth information coming out of the kinect?
What do I have to write inside the shader? Which uniforms do i have to use? What else do i have to add on code there? Incoming - out??

i have included the td file i am working on, to understand better what i am trying to explain with my “worst case scenario” english!

I really apreciate if anybody can help me to go on with this!
a specials thanxxs in advance
FINAL_KINECT_FIRE_MAPPING_RZXX.toe (147 KB)

OK! Problem solved. Working with the uv information from the Kinect…