Linear Timecode - import and playback, DMX output

Hey guys,

in an application process they gave us a task and I’m not quite sure how to solve it. I’ve worked in Touch a little before but it’s been a while and I just scratched the surface back then.
It’s probably a really simple task but I’m running a little out of time to keep trying to figure it out on my own.

Here is the task:

import and play back the png sequence based on Linear Timecode. At last send this texture to 32*32 LED Panel over DMX/Artnet

Thanks already guys. Anything would be a huge help
Liz

You can convert an LTC singnal to something you can use in touch with an LTC in CHOP.

You can see this work by connecting an LTC out to an LTC in. The idea here is that you could use touch to both generate and decode LTC or only one or the other.

From there you’ll need to convert your timecode into frames - you could do seconds, but given that you’re working with a file sequence frames is a more direction solution. You can do all this with two math CHOPs - the first needs to multiply incomming channels by values to convert each channel into frames, then sum the channels together with the second math CHOP.

From there you can use the resulting value to drive the index of your movie file TOP. If you’re running at 30 fps you’ll want to make sure that you also change your project timeline to be 30 in the bottom left hand corner.

here’s an example to get you started:
ltc.toe (4.1 KB)

1 Like

Great thank you so much!!