Incoming floats, when matching create a trigger?

Hey looking for a little guidance.

I’m playing with idea’s and keep getting held up on something simple. What I need is a solution for creating a “trigger” when several incoming floats match in value. .

My simple working example would be a “2D” Kinect concept. I would use the ‘x’ and ‘y’ location from the player right hand from the Kinect Chop.

When the location of the player hand matches that of another object on screen an action is triggered. The other object might be moving as well, generating a dynamic position. Think of it as a target for the hand.

Maybe the location of the player hand and the on screen “target” must match for a specified time. I’ve learned how to use math, hold, and lag chops to accomplish most of that.

Try the Logic CHOP, set to “Off When Outside Bounds”, and set the bounds to your matching min and max values.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up creating two “Null Component” containing the position for the target and the hand. I used an “object” chop to compute the distance between them. Using the logic chop I defined the range that would create a trigger using “when outside of bounds”