Auto output to monitors

I’m a total beginner here, and loving my first projects with TD.
I’m creating an installation which has to Auto start with outputs going to 3 projectors + have a control panel on the main monitor.
The installation will have to auto shut down as well.

I have been trying to get the ‘Execute’ op to get the projector outputs to fire automatically, but so far i have had no luck.
Can anyone point me to any tutorials that relate to Executing output to monitors on start. Or show me a simple .toe, so that i can see whats going on.

A secondary question should be:
Should i even be opening multiple windows on start? Or should i just open a singe 7680x1080 output spread across multiple monitors.
I would love to see how the pro’s set up a project like this.

My ineffectual code in the ExecuteDAT:

[code]def onStart():

op(‘Projector_a’).par.winopen.pulse()

op('Projector_a').par.winopen = 1

op(‘Projector_a’).par.performmode = 1

return

onStart() [/code]

hi there craiglaurendet!

When it comes to display arrangement you definitely want to use a single window - at least if you’re using windows. Depending on your driver you can see pretty miserable performance hits by drawing multiple windows - which is the rational behind using a single window COMP for this purpose. A bit of context can be found here:

matthewragan.com/2015/04/10/thp … hdesigner/

When it comes to setting your project to open in perform mode, you can use the window placement dialogue (Dialogues → Windows Placement) to set your project to start in perform mode. This avoids the need for explicit use of an execute DAT to start your project in perform mode (and will also save you some cycles as the network environment isn’t setup on start).

If you do end up needing to use an execute DAT, make sure that the corresponding flag is set on your DAT.

Finally, in case you haven’t stumbled on them yet there are some solid resources here:
nvoid.gitbooks.io/introduction- … r/content/
matthewragan.com/teaching-resou … hdesigner/

Thanks Raganmd
That’s the exact resource i needed