Edge Blending

Hi there!

Working with multiple projectors for a projection mapping project and have some questions related to my workflow. I’m using camSchnappr for mapping and wondering how to do the following:

1. Edge Blending: Is this something that I have to do with my projectors before getting into Touch? Like display a test pattern and align / edge blend them with the software they came with? Or is it better to do this in Touch?

2. Output: Using multiple camSchnapprs, I get multiple renders each of which can be output with a different projector. However, the outputs don’t line up perfectly and I’m getting a bright line where the projectors overlap. I am using the autoBlend parameter.

Any advice or links to resources that focus on multiple projectors and camSchnappr would be helpful!

Hey,

can you share a photo from the bright edge? It will be easier to tell what is going on with the edgeblend in camSchnappr. Theoretically you should get a fairly correct blend.

Cheers
Markus

I’m a total newb, so take what i say with a pinch of salt…

I’ve just started using TD as a projection mapping tool. For edge blends over non level faces, and blends at odd angles, i have found it easy to manufacture my own blends in TD using ‘ramps’.
On the edge of the part of the image witch merges onto another projector, i overlay a black-alpa ramp.
This ramp can be adjusted and transformed to pretty much any requirement.

Note:
‘In-projector edge blending’ is only really useful if the two projectors are set up exactly next to each other and the projection surface is level