double question

hello ,

as a totally newbie I was following the THP 494 598 | Generative Design - Shape tutorial on Vimeo, but then I had the idea to tweak this idea a little bit

• the idea was to create a ‘growing onion’ (no X and Y movement but irregular scale)
    and after some time (after eg 100 shapes rendered ) the first shapes would disappear
  • additional idea was to have a circle with some ‘stroke’ so the inside en outside circle would be infuenced differently by the noise sop…
    the imported 3d file created some interesting shape, but it wasn’t really what I had in mind
    it is a comlpex question, (maybe too ambitious for a beginner…, but you have to start somewhere)

I inserted the .toe, so you could see what the imported 3d file reacts

gtz
Project.136_grow.toe (8.53 KB)

hey hanz_m

If you want to stick with feedback, you can control how long an image persists by inserting a level TOP in the chain. Take a look here:
base_feedback.tox (3.33 KB)

That doesn’t solve the issue of exactly 100 repetitions. If you’re after a specific number like it’s a little more work to set it up to behave as you’d like - though certainly not impossible.

In terms of your mesh file, you need to lock that operator before saving your toe file - otherwise I can’t see it on my machine. :slight_smile: