If value is between 10 and 20 play this movie clip

Trying to build a set up that switches many 5 seconds (or so) movie clips based on the weight of a block of ice melting. I have a decent start in Houdini, but am very green to TD. I was thinking it might be somewhere along the lines of having a lot of moviefilein TOPS that funnel into switch nodes? Then I’ll need a pressure sensor (that might need to be hooked up to arduino?) that goes through Chops, and then a Chops to Tops to feed into switch nodes. I’d appreciate so much if someone can steer me in the right direction. Cheers!

Sounds great! There are many ways of doing this , but I’m sure that without having a huge amount of experience with TD you could pull this off! I would suggest you Build a A/B switcher and drive it with a DAT file filled with the locations of the movie files. In that way you can add as many videos as you want without getting a huge network. Matthew Reagan has some great tutorials about this on his website. Definitely worth spending some time there!

Once you have the dynamic A/B switcher you have hook up the Arduino to select the right movie and play it. ( just like you said ) only thing you don’t need is the chop to top. You can export the chop value directly to the switch. Good luck!

Thank you so much Roy! I’m on it!!! -Jake :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Also look into the Logic CHOP, set to ‘off when outside bounds’, and set your bounds to 10 and 20. Now it switches on whenever your value is between 10&20.