get parameter data from inputConnector?

I’m attempting to alter the X Borders Space on a text Top based on the text width and border space of the input’s into the current text Top node. I can easily accomplish this if i know the exact name of the input and do like the following:

( op( 'text1' ).textWidth + op( 'text1' ).par.borderspace1 + op( 'constant_attr' )[ 'padding' ]  )

My goal / need is to be able to via code add N number of Text Top’s into a chain and have each one refer to the textwidth and border space of their input’s Text Top. Reason being I need to have some words as one color and others as different. With some initial attempts everything seems to be breaking or not being able to access the parameters i want like the following.

( me.inputConnectors[0].textWidth + me.inputConnectors[0].par.borderspace1 + op( 'constant_attr' )[ 'padding' ]  )

I get the reason that this is not working but wonder if there is a cast the connector as a Text Top or some other way to do this? If not ill just write a bit more code but wanted to bury it all in a parameter spot so i could just copy the same node over and over again without having to set it each time.

You’ll need to use the .owner member of the Connector to access the actual operator:

me.inputConnectors[0].owner.par.borderspace1

derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … ctor_Class

Cheers,
Rob