Joining dots and lines

Hi all, I’m trying to achieve something similar to the attached screenshot. I’d like to be able to move the dots individually, but to have them joined by a line. The line would therefore need to expand and move based on the movements of the dots. Any easy way of doing this?

Never mind, I literally just figured it out!

So post your solution, for all future knowledge seekers!

2 Likes

Hey, I’m trying to do something similar with more than two points, would love to see your approach @cormac!

I want to create a distorted 3D path loop, kinda like a Lissajous curve, that I’d like to use for camera movement later on - but also just displaying it would be very nice.

Tried to merge three waves but only got so far as to use it for instancing. Is there a convenient Path SOP I’m missing out on or is it more feasible to have my coordinates control the points in a line somehow? (I wouldn’t know how to go about that, either :blush:)

Use a CHOP to SOP or a Limit SOP to create Geometry from CHOP channels

Yes, both of those work just perfect, thanks a lot!

hello,

i think it would be nice for the community to provide the solution you found to help anyone with the same need

thanks a lot

Yeah sure, it was quite simple, really. just like nettoyeur said, the Limit and CHOP to SOP do all the work:

So others have the benefit of an actual .toe: WaveToLimit.toe (3.6 KB)

1 Like

Oh and here’s one with the moving dots, more like the original question:

ConnectedMovingDots.toe (6.0 KB)