How to kill resolution to increase frame rate?

Hey so either my project’s gotten too big or my computer has gotten too slow, but what I need to do is simply be able to view a sequence in realtime before taking the time to render it into a video. The computer can take it’s sweet time to render in full resolution, but in realtime it’s pooping out at like 4 fps, pretty worthless for really any application. I need to look into optimizing at some point but as of right now I just need to crank out a video as soon as possible.

If I can boost the frame rate it doesn’t really matter if it’s low res just to see the sequence. However, I guess I’m not really understanding how the flow works; what I tried was putting a resolution TOP before the out TOP, putting it to a quarter resolution. What it leaves me with is a render of 4 fps at super low resolution. Going back and changing the resolution of each video input or 3d render is really not an option since the file is enormous. Anyone know how to achieve this? Thanks

in the preferences TOP tab, there is a global resolution multiplier. If you set that to 1/2 , it will set all tops to half resolution. perhaps this will help?

just putting a resolution top at the end, still makes td go through all the high res computations.