Screen Resolution

Hi guys, I’m a Touchdesigner novice and I just have a pretty straightforward question. We want to use Touchdesigner on an LED wall which has a resolution of 2304x648. I can see on the Project container that there’s an option to put in the width and the height, but that is just stretching the content within the container. How do I actually control the resolution within the container?

For example, if I set up a basic Geo, Cam, and Light combo with a Render and Out Top, the default is 16:9, so this just gets stretched by the parent container. How do I create custom resolutions?

Thanks!

in your render TOP, on the common tab, you can set the resolution of the TOP…
You could use an expression to connect all res parameters to your project container’s width and height, or to a constant chop.
for instance, putting ‘me.parent().width’ in your render TOP’s resolution width parameter would connect it to the width of its container.

Actually - the .width member on components is currently only released in the experimental builds. Until official is updated you would have to use either parent().panel.screenw or parent().par.w

BUILD NOTE: Only available in experimental builds 2017.30000+
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … COMP_Class

However - you are able to use the .width member in reference to TOPs currently :mrgreen:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … #TOP_Class

Thanks for the help guys!