Driving a slider with a parameter

Sorry for the silly question…

I am hardly trying to figure out how to drive slider’s position with another CHOP’s parameter while keeping it’s own activity.

I want to use some values to recall slider’s precedent positions…

Trying with scripts, but cannot assign pars in the panel CHOP.

Something like keithlostracco’s sliders presets, but more basic and with a simple explanation please! For a Python beginner.

Thanks for helping.

Here’s a simple recall set-up.

Notice that rows in the table correspond to sliders, and the columns correspond to presets.

Check the panel execute to see what’s happening. :slight_smile:
base_simple_recall.tox (2.18 KB)

Driving a parameter with a slider, and driving the slider with a parameter is built-in to the palette UI gadget library “gal” (gadget library). To try it, you drag-drop gal from the palette into a network, go inside and copy/paste slider1 out into your network somewhere.

Then if you create a Ramp TOP and want to drive its Phase parameter, put in the slider1’s Value parameter this expression: op(‘ramp1’).par.phase

Then on the last page of slider1, turn on the parameter, Push Value to Source. Now you can move the slider or change the Phase parameter. The master value is the Ramp TOP’s Phase parameter.

Thanks a lot!

I was after the base_recall component but my network is a bit complex.

In stead of this I am using the Ragan’s base_midi_scenes for multipage midi control, where I can store different presets in constant chops and recall them back.

Unfortunately cannot display last known slider’s value as changing also the knobs position. Problem might be that the related button for this has a lot of other functions in its panel execute and also triggers the constant’s selection.

Tried to drive the sliders.panel.u with a selected chop of all presets and values but sliders disappear.

How can I push the knobs to take the selected preset positions without making a confrontation between the scripts, without crashing or freezing, so I can keep driving the slider?

Any chance you can make a simplified version of what you’re working with? It’s always hard when you want a UI and physical buttons - sorting out that logic is always a good brain buster. :slight_smile:

Yep, I changed it finally, it was even impossible with my setup the way I was trying to do it.

You can take a look of my simple vj platform here: vimeo.com/251130397

Two weeks with your lessons Ragan and everything is possible!

Lookin super fly!

I’m always glad to hear that the tuts help. This community of artist-programmers helped me find when I was first learning and it’s the least I can do to give back.