Ableton+Touch issue

Hi, I hope there are some Ableton guys around!

I struggle from one big problem during an Ableton-Touch interactivity. The signal is coming through a simple MAX/MSP project and till now everything was perfect.

Today we start to create some new tracks in Ableton and the Touch’s OSC in got crazy. Instead of receiving the proper channels I started to see an endless queue in my CHOP.

Thank you for helping with an idea of what it can be (probably an Ableton parameter must be changed?)

Do you mean an infinite number of channels? This can happen when you send OSC using an address that is invalid as a CHOP channel name. Does it have special characters in it?

A screenshot might help to see what you mean.

Yes exactly, an infinite number of channels! Do you mean a screenshot from Touch or from Ableton?

So far we cannot find any difference between the pars of the old and the new(non-working) Ableton tracks…

Post a screenshot of the CHOP. I have run into this problem when my osc channel name has special characters.

Are you using TDAbleton or did you create your own connection?

I will take a closer look if you want to send actual .toe (or .tox if you can break off a smaller piece of your project). I can do full test if you send Ableton Set as well. ivan@derivative.ca

Re. the reference to OSC fix in v2017.13080, was this a fix for this?

Added two parameters to determine how OSC In handles the creation of channel names based on the incoming address.

We had a recent show where incoming OSC channels were being parsed incorrectly for some reason - messages looked correctly formatted out of Max - and I got the Max end changed to workaround this. Good to know some more detail on this.

I think this refers to the strip prefix segments parameter for shortening long OSC addresses.

Also included in recent version… osc addresses with special characters should not create a channel per incoming message the way they used to.

Sorry for the enormous delay. We fixed the issue - the names of the tracks in Ableton were including a space, so we just remove it.
abletonosc.png