DMX issue

Hi community!
I’m working on a project and can’t understand why I’m hitting a bottleneck.
I’m pretty new to TD and this is a test to learn TD.
I’m trying to map 126 strip led, each with 480 channels (160 pixels x rgb).
I tested the project on my pc and everything seemed to work fine, I also used Artnetominator to check the dmx data and seemed to work fine.
a couple of days ago I had the chance to test this setup on 60 bars but seems something is going wrong, I try to explain better and I attach a video of the issue:
After the 19th ledbar dmx data seemed to not work, it was freezing or lagging…
I tried to split the data in different dmx out chop and this seemed to solve the issue.
I can t understand why tho.
I’m using TD099 in DEMO version since this is a test so far (I plan to buy full version if ill figure out how to make it work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
Framerate seems to be pretty fine at 30 fps or more in performance mode on my pc.
Any ideas or thoughts will be much appreciated.
ty!

issue with one single dmx out chop
goo.gl/photos/XDhRMy8XjhtJYKxn6

working led stripes with multiple dmx out chop
goo.gl/photos/aNEky19wJkQ5TAqh8

Cartel1.txt (1.45 KB)
DMX 120x160.toe (18.6 KB)

I can’t say this is for sure the answer, but Art-Net can get a bit wonky once you start getting up into the hundreds of universes. large amounts of (or large sizes of) art-net broadcast packets can bring some network hardware to it’s knees, and sometimes it’s not the network hardware you would expect (aka I’ve seen expensive Layer 7 Ciscos have troubles that cheap netgears don’t even blink at), though wireless routers are usually a culprit when people try to send Art-Net over WiFi

If I had to guess, maybe a bottleneck related to TouchDesigner being able to split Art-Net packets into smaller chunks when done with multiple DMX Out CHOPs, thus bypassing some sort of packet length restriction somewhere else down the line? If no problems show up on Art-Netominator, then maybe some sort of network switch or even the NIC in your computer has problems with the larger packets that TD has to spit out to cover hundreds of universes when it’s trying to do it with one CHOP?

I don’t see anything in your file that screams error to me but either way, if it works fine with multiple DMX Out CHOPs, then that’s probably your best solution. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!