Scene building and triggers

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.

We have a Blacktrax system that is integrating with Touchdesigner, which works no problem. What I would like to achieve is to have different scenes/looks that we can project onto a surface that people can manipulate through movement. I have built a basic setup within a container that uses Particles, which are then manipulated using the Force SOP. The x and y coordinates from Blacktrax move the center cooardinates of the Metaball.

The first question is regarding building of different scenes/looks. If I want to have four scenes, is it best to create 4 containers which contain each different scene? If not, what would be the best practice?

I also plan on triggering each scene from an external OSC source. How can I tell Perform which scene to play using OSC triggers?

Re Optimized Scene Building

Rendering optimization can be difficult and tricky. In terms of the most efficient set up, you’d likely want an AB deck style system for rendering. In this example, all scenes are in the base_realtime/base_scenes. Here you’d create a new scene with camera, lights, and geometry - as well as any controlling elements. The rendering for this pipeline happens in two different decks. This reduces the amount of memory allocated for render TOPs, while also allowing you to build a large number of different scenes.

container_optimized_render_system.tox (8.28 KB)

Lots of other examples of various techniques here:
github.com/raganmd/td_fb_forum_ … /tox_files

Are you using all the same OPs but with different parameters? If so I would suggest using Python to record the parameters for each scene in a table, and then recalling them. I haven’t used OSC, but you should be able to trigger a recall with OSC.