Re-init

Hi!

While I’m making a .tox I bumped into a problem:
Each time I re-init the .tox (or have it on auto reload at startup) the configured parameters on the interface revert back to default. Practically I lose my tweaking on that particular operator while - in most cases - only the inside wiring has changed.
Is there a practical way to avoid it?

Many thanks!

You can add the Presets component to your COMP, which enables you to save multiple presets of your parameters. But be aware that you’ll always need to save the COMP to your external tox file to save these presets, before you re-load the toxfile from an external source.

See the Pallette:Presets wiki page

Thanks for the quick answer I needed some time to investigate further.

The “presets” palette item is a neat one, worth checking it out indeed. Thanks for pointing that out! Tho what I wanted to achieve is a slightly lower level approach. And - as per usual - there is a built-in solution for it. Let me outline it quickly:

Master: create a .tox component and set it to “External .tox” and “Reload .tox on Start”.
Instance: create the same type of component and clone the master

Since cloning affects nodes inside the instance a nice inheritance/logic layer appears where everything inside the instance matches exactly with the master’s content and at the same time the instance has a completely independent outside.
In practice you can refresh the master with a single click/reload and no parameter or wiring will be affected on the clones. (obviously not true when removing or adding an input or output)
Also comes rather handy when building a gui, technically I define the “global” attributes of the layout/panel within the master so I have to deal with less things per instance.
I hope it made some sense… :nerd: