resolution quality

Hello people,

I am a musician and completely new to the world of Touchdesigner. I used “Rouge” with the non-commercial free version of touchdesigner to try it out. I am wondering about some basic HD resolution quality question here.

My composition looks poor in 1280x720 (attached), the lines of the model are scattered if you get what I mean (looks like 80’s) :laughing: . Is this something that is easily fixed like setting the resolution higher if I upgrade to a commercial version or even better “touchplayer commercial”?
I only need touchdesigner to accompany my live sets with some videos/comp possibly by running rouge.

I need your precious input on that before investing some money. Your help is much appreciated!

Hey,

this does look pretty pixelated.
Did you try changing the Anti-Aliasing in the material to see if that can improve the quality of the lines?
Sometimes what visually helps as well is changing the Line Width in the Material to a thicker line.

More pixels especially will have an impact when outputting on fullHD projectors. A difference will be visible as the with the resolution limit you would see some kind of up-scaling.

I tried to recreate your scene using a default Phong MAT and enabling the Wire Frame choosing a Line Width of 2.

Cheers
Markus

Hey,

Thanks Markus for the useful tips. I will try them out and see, your example looks much nicer indeed.

Best,
A