Getting MIDI Control LEDs to light up

I’m pretty new to touch designer and scripting, but trying to start a UI with my Hercules RMX (which is a control type).
I’ve got the buttons and sliders working using the tutorial by Matthew Ragan, but can’t work out how to get the Midi Out to send the LED on/off signal back out or what I’m doing wrong!

So I looked up the documentation and it says that 7F is on (which I found out means 127 in hexidecimal) and 00 is none…

So, for example, I have a button which is called ch1ctrl17 - so I rename my constant ch1ctrl17 and change my “controller name” to ctrl instead of the default “c”?

I have also tried using a math CHOP to change the value of the constant signal to 127 but still nothing?

Thanks in advance if anyone can give me some clues!!

Do you have the MIDI device selected as the output in the MIDI device mapper dialog?

Also, sometimes there are is a lot of confusion regarding base 0 or base 1 counting for MIDI notes. so try ctrl16 or ctrl18.

And sometimes the LEDs will respond to “note” messages even though the LED is associated with a control that outputs a “ctrl” message. so try ch1n16, ch1n17 or ch1n18. Sometimes the note number is completely unrelated to the ctrl number too. I usually just scroll through a bunch of note numbers and see what lights up and write that down / match it up later.

If all else fails, it looks like there is downloadable software that you can use to set custom MIDI mappings on the Hercules, maybe try messing with that.