LA Community

I probably didn’t look hard enough but I couldn’t find a better location for this post. If such is true, sorry for spam.

I’m looking for a local community of users/educators/students

Recently moved to Mount Washington and started exploring/understanding touch once again. I was told having physical interactions with like minded individuals helps, who knows. Nonetheless figured I’d give it a try and see if anyone is active.

Maybe find some random design competition that hasn’t heard of touch and drop visual bombs onto their submissions.

vottak.

-gh

I know of a couple of us that live in LA but there is no established regular meeting of any sort, per-se. Send an email to Pete at Pete Online dot net and I’ll add you to this imaginary list of people with whom we all need to start said local community as soon as one of us gets off our lazy asses to do it (I’m looking at myself here)

Hey I live nearby in Cypress Park. I’m open to jam sessions, collaborations, and general TD nerd times. I also think a TD LA meetup group could be cool.

I rode around yesterday stopping by at local businesses. One of them was the art studio for kids on fig. Rosa Maria told me thereis a NELAart walk every 2nd Saturday. She was excited to talk about live animation, projections, and visuals in general. She would be happy to help with providing a space as a showcase in may.

In general I think HP/CP/LH/ER/GP/EV is a nice incubator for some td nerd times.

sent you a pigeon.

I think it’s time to try to get a thing going. I’m booked this week but am free next week. Anyone up for an LA TD jam session? Let me know if so and also what day(s) are best for you. I know Will has a kinect, I’ve got a few projectors, and a bunch of LEDs. Even a laser and an etherdream if we can handle not shooting our eyes out.

Tuesday are always good for things like this. I usually work Tuesdays but can arrange a cover, just need to know ahead of time.

But I’m generally off thursdays, sometimes fri or sat.

doodle.com/poll/rsymzhcfiwffpxbg

If anyone else is interested, feel free to fill out the poll and/or email me. More specific location coming soon.

Let’s get something goin…

I’m liking the turnout on doodle! Looking forward to meeting everyone

are you still looking for a place?

We’ve got a location for this time - Two Bit Circus is graciously allowing us to use one of their spaces at the Brewery Artists Lofts. But in the future, I’d like to do this in other locations, so if you have any suggestions of where else in downtown or mid-city LA we could hang out and set up some projectors for a night, it would be greatly appreciated.