After Effects to TouchDesigner

Hi Guys,
Anyone here have experience sending assets to from After Effects to Touch
for example:
Animations or just motion graph\data.
null\polygon in 3D space.
or any other assets from the scene that might be helpful?

I have found this AE keyframe data into Processing,
eyalohana.com/teaching/tutor … rocessing/

could be use nicely in touch animation comp.

please add your insight please.
thanks alot !
B.

Export the keyframe data into a text file. You can just highlight all your keyframes, hit Control C to copy and then paste the key frames into a text file. Then you can make a Python script to parse the tab separated file into an Animation COMPs key table, then you can drive the Animation COMP by index and scrub through it. We did it on a project and worked great.

ha accidentally i was just researching this option, thanks elburz, i totally forgot the Animation COMP network is of course already build on keyframe DAT’s.

super!

Hi Elbruz,
thanks.
Hope to hear more people insight.

You can use After Effects to export a Cinema4D project. Then in Cinema4D, you can export to fbx. Then you can drag the fbx file into TouchDesigner and access the animation with a lookup chop. It’s a mess and requires a lot of software…

An ongoing experimental project I have involves 3D-tracking 2D video in AE, adding in planes, exporting to Cinema, importing to TD, and adding experimental texturing effects to the planes.

Elburz and nvoid made an awesome tool for this.

github.com/nVoid/TouchDesigner-AE-Import

I wanted to update this post for people searching After effects, because it was not showing up anywhere else as I searched after effects:

1 Like

Hello guys,

Is the reverse possible? I am currently working with someone using C4D and After Effect and he was asking me if it was possible to import a Touchdesigner file into C4D & AE, while keeping further editing possible.

Thanks a lot
Harold

Hi @Timesquid, is this still available somewhere?

I think it’s on the interactiveimmersive.io site

1 Like