ColorMeter

Here’s a simple color meter. Make sure you have TouchDesigner playing forward when using. Right-click on the component after loading it into TouchDesigner and select Open Control Panel. When the color meter dialog is open, press ‘y’ or middle-click to yank RGB values at the cursor. Then you can right-click on any color parameter in TouchDesigner and select Put Yanked Values to paste.

After checking out the options page, you’ll be able to use a function key to open-close the meter (F12 is the default). Click on the ‘?’ to access the options page.

We’ll add something like this to the palette soon. You can add this to your .toe projects and call on it when you need it.

NOTES: Use TouchDeigner068 build 599 or later. There is one strange behavior that I haven’t worked around yet, the hotkey (F12) to open/close the color meter will only close it when the cursor is not over the dialog. If the cursor is over the color meter, you can use the ‘Esc’ key to close it.
ColorMeter.tox (39.7 KB)

This is gonna be useful. thanks for sharing Ben.

KOOL!!

nice gadget ben, is it possible to run it on my mobile? I just wanna make sure I don’t leave it home when “I’m on the road” :frowning: .

2008, the year we began posting components…

TnXs

All the components that we like and find useful will eventuall be added to the palette so that every Touch install has them. Of course, all Touch users should carry a thumb drive with their personal palette on it, you never know when you’ll need that component!