Finally, Disco Mode comes to Touch Designer!

“If thou gaze long into the disco, the disco will also gaze into thee”

Disco 1.0 features:

• 100% disco mode
  • Stylish, modern TD user interface
  • Precise, floating point speed control
  • Tightly efficient, minimal OP count
  • All-in-one thread design garauntees synchronization throughout project
  • End-to-end project integration

“Disco Mode adds a new dimension to TouchDesigner 10/10” -Consumer Electronics

“Disco Mode is the stocking stuffer of 2018” -GQ

“You can expect double digit salary increases by using the new Disco Mode for Derivative’s productivity suite, Touch Designer” -Gizmodo
base_disco.tox (774 Bytes)

“Disco Mode makes RTX a thing of the past.” - Tom’s Hardware

"Needless to say, I will be adding this to all of my future projects. " - Me

I made a couple optimizations to the component. This version only changes the colors of everything inside of the base_disco component (which is where we should be building our scenes from now on). It was changing the colors of everything inside /local (and probably /sys) which is a pretty heavy operation. There are quite a few nodes in there that you typically wouldn’t need to look at. You can use the op class method findChildren() find every child and sub child of a particular COMP which is probably better suited in this case than the children attribute.

I added parameters for the target COMP and a color offset. Not that it wasn’t perfect before… maybe just more controllable now if that’s how you prefer to boogie down.
base_disco.tox (926 Bytes)

And the most useless optimisation in the history of TouchDesigner award goes to…

drumroll

Matthew Wachter!

Congratulations your complimentary prize of a Princess Diana of Hearts Commemorative Plate is in the post.

This is the highest honor I have ever received. I’m so happy :')

The real award should go to bvc_lvthn for creating a line of the most revolutionary components I have ever used. Personally I’d like to see them all combined.