APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Luminosity

Share your components here. First one to 100 wins!

Re: Luminosity

Postby Orquesm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 am

Hey there..
what a great peace of work..love it, many tnxs for shearing this beast!

1 question, (probably stupid but anyway, i'm just scratching the surface of TD)
how do i get my second monitor showing a fullscreen output from the master? :?

Loads of greets Jeffrey
Orquesm

Postby BRIK » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 am

Mighty fine dev. Thank you.
BRIK

Postby keithlostracco » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:08 am

Thanks Brik.

Jeffrey there is a toggle parameter on the component /Luminosity/perform called Master Perform On that needs to be toggled on.
keithlostracco

Postby keithlostracco » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:08 am

Hi everyone, there is a new branch called experimental-update on the github repo. A number of things have been fixed and LM seems to be working for the most part in build 2019.12330

I'm sure there are still a few things that might not be working correctly so if you find any bugs please report them in issues section on Github.

thanks
Keith
keithlostracco

Postby acroscene » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:51 am

Nice work!

I havnt hade time having a closer look but is it possible to drop toxfiles as a clip and display the toxfiles custom parameters?
acroscene

Postby keithlostracco » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 am

Not at the moment. Peter Sistrom did make a component a while back that would convert a tox with custom pars into an LM control panel but it never made it into Luminosity.

It could easily be developed again though. Then either a manual conversion could be done prior to using the component in LM or function could be made to the call the CustomParsToControlPanel() function that automatically did on drop.
keithlostracco

Postby acroscene » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 am

Ah ok. But it is possible to drop toxfiles as well as videoclips? Maybe I will try to implement the display of custom parameters. But need to dig a bit under the hood first to understand how the system works. I think this would be handy.

As well as implement kantan mapper so you can do mapping without a 3d modell because guess that is needed with cantanmapper right?
acroscene

Postby keithlostracco » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 am

Actually if you watch the video you'll be able to see the method to turn your components into either an effect or a generator (clip)
keithlostracco

Postby Instrumental Asylum » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks a million Keith! The world doesn't even realize that the Ableton of visuals came out. You mention in the video you would like to see a community build around LM, I think this needs to happen, whether it's a new section of the Touchdesigner forum or whatever. I know I'm going to be hacking it and making new features as soon as I can figure out how any of it operates, and we need a space where people can continue developing it together and documenting how to use it.

I actually have the same question, at 3 hrs 41 min of the intent dev YouTube video you mention you are going to do a demonstration of how to create a new effect but then don't go into it. When in the the video do you explain making your own effects?

Will we need to add our own hack that keeps it from cooking all the time or is it automatically built in? Thanks
Instrumental Asylum

Postby keithlostracco » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:37 am

Great to hear.

Actually how to build in an effect/gen is in a second video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJbAK8lkBo

Wasn't what you were talking about cooking all the time? What is cooking all the time?
keithlostracco

PreviousNext

Return to Shared .tox Components